Commissioned by SCAD for the debut of the SCAD Museum of Art, New Growth: Stratum Field is a site-specific sculptural installation designed and constructed to converse with the resonant features of museum's new 290-foot south-facing gallery. Recalling the artist's most iconic structural forms, this work explores biological architecture in all its many incarnations.
Kendall Buster is a professor at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Recently completed sculptures can be seen
• New chemistry building at Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
• San Francisco International Airport in San Francisco, California
Awards and honors
American Academy of Arts and Letters Award, 2005
Buster earned a B.S. degree in medical technology before pursuing an education in art. She earned a B.F.A. from the Corcoran College of Art and Design and an M.F.A. from Yale University. She participated in the Whitney Museum of American Art’s Independent Study Program in New York, New York.
• Hirshhorn Museum, Washington, D.C.
• Artists Space, New York, New York
• Suyama Space, Seattle, Washington
• Bahnhof Westend, Berlin, Germany
• KZNSA, Durban, South Africa
• WilmerHale Washington, D.C.
• Massey Cancer Center, Richmond, Virginia